Wisconsin plans to start taking PUA applications the week of April 21, 2020. There is no need to call the Unemployment Help Center at this time.
PUA is a new temporary federal program that provides up to 39 weeks of unemployment benefits to individuals who are not eligible for regular Unemployment Insurance (UI) such as:
- Individuals who are self-employed.
- Certain independent contractors.
- Individuals with limited recent work history.
- Other workers not covered by Regular UI.
- Payment Amount:
- Minimum weekly benefit amount: $163.
- Maximum weekly benefit amount: $370.
- Benefit Amount:
- 1% of 2019 net income; subject to PUA minimum and maximum.
- Duration of PUA Benefits (up to 39 weeks):
- First Payable Week: Retroactive to week ending February 8, 2020 (or the first week an individual is out of work due to COVID-19, whichever is later).
- Last Payable Week: Week ending December 26, 2020.